My daughter bites my nipple during feedings with her teeth...

i know it is bound to happen but how can i teach her that its a no no and she needs to be nice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What worked with mine was to immediately unlatch them from the breast. They realized biting meant a rude interruption to their meal.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:58 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• End the meal for a couple minutes. It won't take long for baby to understand biting means no boob. You need to watch closely and make sure she isnt done and just getting a little bored. I've noticed that's when my daughter likes to chomp, thank goodness she doesnt have teeth yet lol.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:09 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Like the other ladies said, stop the feeding for a few minutes. If she bites again, stop for a little longer. If she does it again, end it all together. Your baby will come to learn that biting means no nursing.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009