Why do guys think they can run over all us females?

My husband asked me to make him a sandwhich, so I did happily. Couple hours later I wasnt feeling good and I asked him to make me a sandwhich, and he said he doesnt feel like it. How ungrateful is that? He is such an asshole.

BrQueen

Asked by BrQueen at 3:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe next time he asks you shouldn't "feel like it", and he can see how ungrateful he sounded.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:56 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Give and take, women give and men take. It must be biological, like and instinct or something. I would tell him to get off his lazy duff and make me a sandwich, it is the least he could do.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 4:01 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Haha, thanks for your replies...They made me smile, hopefully when I tell him all of the above he will realize how ungrateful he was.
    BrQueen

Answer by BrQueen at 4:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Because some women let them. Take control of your life and stand up for who you are...unless you're a nobody.
    luv2duv

Answer by luv2duv at 10:20 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Because we let them. I would get the same reactions from my husband when I would ask him to do something for me, not like hes an asshole or insensitive guy.... but you know. He didn't start doing things untill I told him why I wanted his help or for him to do something for me. I used to get so mad when he would take a nap in the afternoon, because I was tired too had been up and dealing with a moody, inexhaustable two year old for 6 hours straight. Finally I told him that I was tired, dd had me ragged could I please take a nap to refill my energy. Worked, now every time I start to look a little tired dh asks me if I want to lay down for 15 minutes to an hour.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Great way to generalize all men and women.
    My DH doesn't run over me and I don't run over him. We have a partnership and knew going into marriage the roles we would play.
    Perhaps you are getting run over or taken advantage of is because YOU let it happen.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree -- because you let it happen!
    My DH doesn't run all over me, nor do I run all over him. We are very open about how the other makes us feel, so if he dares to say something like "I don't feel like it" after I've done something nice for him, I answer back with "I didn't feel like doing ____ for you either but I did it because that's what our relationship is about." And then he usually remembers and gets up. LOL.
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Maybe you should give him credit for what he does do and if he doesn't do anything for you, why do you stay with him? Men need to know they are appreciated too. He might not make you sandwiches when you ask, but does he take out the trash so you don't have to? Does he do all the yard work you don't want to do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I make my own food and normally do everything for myself so when it does not get done I only have myself to blame.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2009