what does it mean to repent in the 11th hour?

you know... just in case i have to do it some day ;]

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 4:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Usually it refers to somebody who repents when they know their life is ending--the deathbed repentence. Or maybe when things around them become very uncertain--disease or war or famine. I think it is kind of a reference to things ending at midnight. The end of the day, the stroke of death, that sort of thing

Of course, many people do not realize they are in their 11th hour (sudden heart attack, car accident, that sort of thing) so planning to repent in the 11th hour isn't exactly the way to go. You may never have the chance.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• WOW!!
    I was just speaking about this with my husband Adam.
    Our son came home tonight after 2 years of praying for him.....his words were, "before the 11th hour..."
    Those who have ridden out the storms in their life have been in an ark of safety, like Noah's ark. Their preparation and training, was behind closed doors. By this time, their flood waters have receded and their door of hope will open during the 11th hour. When this great door of hope opens, some will have no idea how late the time really is, neither will they understand that their trials have actually made them forerunners for others who are following in their steps. Because of overcoming in their own trials, they will receive the authority to deliver, heal and release others who will be walking in places they once walked. Their very weakness will become their very strength in ministry. Suddenly their promises will be fulfilled and they will step forth into
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Isn't God wonderful?
    I mean 2 minds speaking the same thing at this hour in the morning. It is 1:50 am here.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• OH I AM CRYING!!!
    I am so happy that my son is back and that he has returned a man and not a smart alleck young man of the world.
    This is the conformation that I had asked God to let me know about a few weeks back!
    I never give up when I know that God has a Word for me.
    Thank YOU OP for being used of the LORD!!!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Bloodbought, that is amazing that your son is returned home to you. Many blessings on you & your household.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• This is the post that I am referring to....I am so full of His Spirit right now!

Pray for me my sisters in the Lord Jesus
    Jul 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 5:07 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Thank you funnyface....thank God and all that is of HIM!!!!
    bloodbought

• Uhh, Pookipoo did you get yer answer or was this a joke?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Funnyface is right, the 11th hour refers to the percieved end of your life. Often "11th hour repentence" is a phrase used to indicate a less than heartfelt turn toward religion that is percieved by others to be a profession of faith brought on by fear rather than real repentence.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• anon :40 i'm beginning to wonder LOL
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009