About early labor?

My due date was yesterday and this morning I woke up with menstral type cramps, but they are constant. Does this sound like pre labor, or is it just wishful thinking?

mandarellee

Asked by mandarellee at 7:35 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would need more info before I could say yes or no. When I was in early labor I had a constant nagging ache in my lower back, it would come and go. But it lasted through the night into the next day. I didn't know it was labor until I went to see my doc the next day. I just thought it was me not being able to get comfortable. Have you started to thin out? Are you effaced? How long do your contractions last?
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i suppose it's different for everyone. at 40w6d i had cramping all night. just enough to make me not sleep well. i had a bit of it the week before that. but all night that night. in the morning (41w0d), my water broke in the morning (little gush of fluid) and i had my baby 7 hours later! most likely your uterus is practicing and getting ready but that could mean tomorrow or in a few days! sorry i am no help! GL!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009