Anyone have a trampoline?

What size, do your kids enjoy it? Glad it got it?

pat7879

Asked by pat7879 at 7:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Our kids have wore out 3 tramps in 20 years only had one bad accident, green-stick fracture of leg when one child fell against another. The kids are grown now so only ones using it is autistic 20y/o and grandson at 5y/o. We never had a enclosure because 2 of ours were competitive tumblers and jumped so high the enclosures scared them in case it caught a heel or elbow and flipped them off. Rule is if you are doing any type of flip then one child only, other wise up to three on tramp at a time. Our neighbors had a good idea, they cut legs of tramp off about 2 ft and tramp set very low so if their pre-schoolers fell off no damage to them

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We got one of the larger ones, I'm not sure of the size. My kids will spend all day on it if I let them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:22 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• We have had one for about 3 years, and they still use it daily.
    They love it. It's great exercise. They are all gymnasts, so they practice stunts, back handsprings, etc. on the tramp that they couldn't do on the ground.
    I wish we'd gotten one with side nets, though. This one was a gift from grandparents, and people have fallen off of it, and also fallen on the springs.
    Biggest rule: No more than 3 on the tramp -two if they are really being rowdy or if they are bigger. My kids usually take turns doing stunts, with the other kids sitting around the edge watching.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:33 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• We got a 12 footer when my kids were 18 mos, 2 1/2 & 6. We got the enclosure thing to go with it.
    It got used so much (by the kids & my husband) and was still in great shape after 3 yrs that we sold it to a friend for his 2 boys & bought a larger one.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I think ours is 15 feet we also have the netting that goes around it so they cannot fall off. our kids love it
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Yeah we have had one of the big ones for like 3 or 4 years now. It is still in really good shape. I agree it is great exercise and I have used it to lay out on during the summer.
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• we had a 12 footer and loved it. But the big kid (husband) got on it with his shoes on and managed to rip a hole in it and well it ripped in two. It was older so we just junked it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• we have a big one. The kids LOVE it. We don't use it as much as we would b/c it doesn't have the enclosure and it's in my aunts yard. But if it had the net, they'd prob. be on there every DAY.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2009