how to baby proof this??

Photobucket
HOW DO I BABYPROOF AN OPEN BACKED ENTERTAINMENT CENTER! ANY CREATIVE IDEAS APPRECIATED

hottietottie455

Asked by hottietottie455 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ahhh...that is a scary mess! Besides gettind rid of it, I guess you could put a gate around it. Sorry I am sure thats not what you wanted to hear, but it does not look very sturdy.
    sarabethdo

Answer by sarabethdo at 9:16 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Wow. I see what you mean. A gate is the only thing I can think of. You may actually need to rig up a couple gates if there aren't any that will form an L shape for you.

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• you can buy these open gates....that way you can put it in a semicircle around the entertainment center...best idea prolly!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• oh its very sturdy i cant even budge the thing! ya get rid of a 1400 dollar tv lmao tell my hubby that one :P
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• thats what i was wondering/thinking was those gates that do that.. cause its not the tipping over factor the thing is super heavy its the darn cords behind .. its a tricky lil area!
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• you can always ziptie the cords together...oh and good movie!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• We had to buy a new TV stand cause ours was somewhat like that. We found one for under 100 dollars at KMart and it has drawers to put everything BUT we also put the drawer protecters on it and rubberthings on the corners.

Good Luck!!

BTW .. TOYSRUS has GREAT things for babyproofing the house!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I don't know where to get them but I've seen clear thick plastic things that form half a box that wrap around the bottom of things like that and bolt into the wall so there is no way for a kid to pull the barrier down
    nishchav

Answer by nishchav at 10:18 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have a super play yard (like 10-12 ft baby gate (6 pieces that connect) that goes around mine so DD can't climb the tv stand. You can get the plastic ones for like $70 or so and just make it however long you need it.
    StefMc07

Answer by StefMc07 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• we used the super play yard (3 of the pieces) to go around an open heating grate on our hallway floor. you can rig it up with a bungee cord to the wall. i agree with the pp that this is probably your best bet to keep your little one away from everything. we ended up buying a new entertainment center with doors that our toddler can't open. (heck, i have a hard time opening them sometimes, but...that's another story.)
    mandilovell

Answer by mandilovell at 11:01 AM on Aug. 2, 2009