What if all the worlds religions where right?

Would it make any difference to anyone? I mean, how are we supposed to know what happens? So, maybe it works that whatever you believed when you were alive is what happens when you die. Wouldn't that be really interesting?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• what if they were all WRONG?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:06 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what YOU believe in. If your religion is right for you, then follow its teachings and beliefs and let it guide you.
    luv2duv

Answer by luv2duv at 10:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• The funny thing is, it's not all about religion at all. It's about the spiritual connection you feel with your god/goddess/universal energy or even just with your inner self. But that is of course MY opinion I don't care if you agree or not. :) Someone once told me it doesn't matter which path you choose as long as you end up at your intended destination. There's more than one way to get from point A to point B.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree with you, 2autisitcsmom. My path is MY path. It's not right for everyone. It's only right for me. I would never say someone else's path is wrong. Ok, maybe some of the practices and beliefs maybe wrong and when they try to shove it in my face, I'll speak up, but I'll never tell them they are in the wrong religion and mine is better.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Oh I know you wouldn't disagree spiritguide, but there are those who will eventually. I just wanted to put it out there for those who will come on later. Enjoying the view along my path. No hurry for the final destination. That's why I didn't take the straight path. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• That doesn't make any sense to me. Just because you believe something doesn't make it real. If that worked, I'd be hard at work making up the place I want to go when I die! I can't actually believe in something just because it would make me feel better.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I just read the book "The Shack". It's an eye opener. I highly recommend it if you have questions about God...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Anon, I don't have questions about God. I know my God's and I love them. I have been a Christian before and it didn't work for me. If it does for you, that's great. My point is, what if people have put so much mental power in the afterlife that no matter which one you believe in, that's where you end up?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I sort of agree with this. (although the theory itself is nice all together)..

I believe there is an energy we draw from. Some use visualization to create something that can help bring them closer to understanding this energy by calling on a God/ess. I think all our beliefs in the afterlife are similar, and could be factual.

Since our bodies are made of energy and energy can't be destroyed.. it has to continue on. From an atheists outlook, the energy could just disperse, and we would be no more. From a Pagan outlook, this energy could disperse into another life, be it plant, animal, human, etc. From a Christians perspective, this energy may be able to move to a great place.

The biggest question in all these theories is: will this energy be able to retain memory, or intelligence. Figure that out, and you can solve most of the religious arguments out there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I pretty much agree that all religions are right.

I believe they're all inspired by the One God, and all are equally valid in leading to Him.

I believe its more about the personal relationship than it is about what you call yourself or how you relate to Him.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009