What does seizures look like?

My DD had a temp last night of 106. When I picked her up to take her temp she started shaking all over, at first I thought it was because she was getting chilled, but now I'm wondering if it might have been a fever induced seizure?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Health

• there are many ways a child can react to a seizure...going limp...stiffening up...jerking, yes even waht you said...temp that high is dangerous...bring her to the drs or er asap!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• that high of a temperature merits an ER visit
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• 106 she should be in the hospital. my daughter had a seizure when she was 4 months on her right side, she turned pale and her right side was twitching and shaking uncontrollably. good luck let us know how she is doing.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I hope I don't come off as judgmental or cold - I really don't mean to because maybe you just don't know, but I have to ask...

Why in the world are you on CafeMom and not on your way to the ER?
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 11:16 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Just to let everyone know, so I don't sound like a horrible parent. I did have her at the ER yesterday with a temp of 106 and they sent her home when her fever went down. It has been up and down since yesterday morning. So I DID do what any parent would do, but all they did was send her home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well, if she had the possible seizure since the hospital discharged her, you may want to pay them another visit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Sound like she had a febrial seziure (sp) my dd had one 23 weeks ago she woke up with a high fever and her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she started to shake all over for about 2 min then she was in a daze for a couple of min I did get her fever down and the next night she had a high fever again I ended up bringing her in right away (didnt wait for her doc appt I set when it happened the first time) and she had pneomonia (dont know how as she had no other symptoms) With a fever that high they should not have sent you home I would get her back into the doc asap there is something going on and they need to find out what.
    unicorn54166

Answer by unicorn54166 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• if your child has a temp of 106 call 911, it could be deadly. I almost died when it was 104
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2009