THE RESULTS TO THE QUESTION OMG DID I DO THE RIGHT THING.

MY DAUGHTER GOT HOME AT 9:45PM. THEY MADE SURE SHE WAS EARLY. HER FATHERS GIRLFRIEND AND HER 2 DAUGHTERS BROUGHT HER HOME. MY DAUGHTER SAID SHE HAD A GREAT TIME THERE, BUT MY CONCERN IS THAT SHE ASKED ME AND MY BOYFRIEND IF SHE COULD SLEEP IN BED WITH US LAST NIGHT. OF COURSE WE LET HER, BUT SHE NEVER WANTS TO SLEEP WITH ANYONE. SHE LOVES SLEEPING ALONE. SHOULD I BE WORRIED? PLEASE I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think you have done everything right, I didn't comment on your last questions but I read it, and it just sounds like your DD was looking for a little reassurance in a very new chapter of her life. Don't read to much into it, you will drive her and yourself crazy!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:01 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Have you tried asking YOUR daughter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i tried last night but she was tired and went straight to bed, and she hasn't woke up yet. am i just being over prtective of my baby or what? idk what to do
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• What do you really think they're doing to her over there?
    Has he ever given you any reason to think something is not right? If so, than she probably shouldn't have gone in the first place.
    If she wanted to go, I doubt anything is going on. Wouldn't someone that age NOT want to go if something inappropriate happened in the past?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• she don't remember all the abuse he did to us in the past. when we would fight her brother would take her and hide her so she wouldn't see anything when he could. she wants to give him another chance and knows if she tells me something happend over there that shouldnt of that i would never let her go again. this was the first time he has been alone with her in 6 years. she remembers what his girlfriend did to her makeing her sit at the table till she ate all her mac-n-cheese with roaches in it when she was 8. THANK GOD i showed up to get her after her sitting at the dinner table for an hour. after that i wouldn't let her go back over there. i'm just so scared she is my baby girl.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• How old is she now? I would think you should sit down with her and just let hert talk. Tell her if she feels like it then you are only going to listen. But also let her know that if she isn't ready that you will be there when she is. I only have boys but I know that if my Mom would have said that to me as a young girl I would have wanted to tell her everything...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my dd is fixing to turn 13 in 4 days. this will be the first birthday party he is suppose to come to in 6 years. he did show me the gift he was wanting to give her and i told him it was fine. he did ask my approval first. that really suprised me.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ask her why she wants to sleep with you. If you don't ask you will never know.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Why was she still sleeping at 11am?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• idk why she was still asleep, she has just been acting diffrent all day. she even went and stayed the night at a friends that she normally dont stay with. i trust the girls mother with everything.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009