what does this mean when my baby does this?

ok so when your LO is tired they rub their eyes.. well my 8 month old DD rubs her mouth the same way.. and lately has been opening and closing her mouth just open close open close.. idk what to make of it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she is hungry. Or thirsty

Answer by louise2 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My son used to rub his ears when he was tired. We took him to the doctor, worried that he had an ear infection but he didn't. He just liked to rub his ears when he was sleepy I suppose.

Maybe she has a little quirk like that, or maybe she's teething.
    Babies tend to repeat certain movements and functions once they've figured out that they can do it. She might just think it feels neat. :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:21 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• TEETHING. Emi does that when she's tired cause they hurt more. My dad thought she was trying to play a harmonica. O__o
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Yes it could be the start of teething. That's around the time my DD did that. She also does it when she's hungry.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My daughter does that now too. She has something called Thrush at the moment, but I dont think that that is why your baby does that. I'm sure that it is just being sleepy and probably teething. She is probably gonna start trying to talk more or something.
    sarahbumblebee

Answer by sarahbumblebee at 2:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009