Another broken promise?

Tax increases for the middle class? Another sure fire presidency killer.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/08/geithner-wont-rule-out-new-taxes-for-middle-class.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:22 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• sweets--since the government RARELY if EVER reduces spending, and it doesn't actually produce or sell anything, then TAXES are the way they claim they will reduce deficits--a deficit that THIS administration has quadrupled since January 20th 2009!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Oh yes, blogs are always a reputable source of information, especially non-biased information.eye rolling

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Blogs are a source of a persons opinion, who you may agree with, and people have blogs to get information out, such as a way to communicate to each other, what we see and validate what we are seeing so we can make a difference and not sit back and let life just happen to you.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:28 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Anyone can write and Blog. It doesn't mean they have any accurate or believeable information for us. But, if they agree with YOU, then, of course you can tell us to read it. Then I make up my own mind based on facts.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• The source comes from an interview of Geithner. You can watch the video. DUH!
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS INTERVIEW WITH TIMOTHY GEITHNER

STEPHANOPOLIS:  The President has said that taxes won't go up for any Americans earning under $250,000, but it doesn't appear that he's going to be able to keep that promise if you're going to bring the deficits down.

GEITHNER: ...is for people to understand that we do not have a choice as a country, that if we want an economy that is going to grow in the future, people have to understand that we have to bring those deficits down...

GEITHNER: I think what the country needs to do is understand we're going to have to do what it takes, we're going to do what's necessary

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/Politics/story?id=8232342&page=1

Sounds like major tax increases to me!  How else does the government reduce debt?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well, the government COULD reduce debt by not spending so much money!

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Actually Lori, from what you posted I don't see Geithner saying they will or wont raise taxes so what is the purpose of this post? More whining from the right?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• And I wonder who is going to force the President's hand on this....he doesn't want to raise those taxes. I'm thinking somebody doesn't want taxes mostly on the rich....hmmmm, wonder who that would be....I'm drawing a blank on this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• He is speaking of bringing the deficit DOWN and you are complaining about it??? You ladies are liars and in desperate need of some counseling
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009