Heartbeat Dopplers.. Anybody have one and what brand?? Anybody??

I wanna get one I know they are pricey but I plan on renting one but Im confused with so many in the market.. So if you have had one or have one please tell me ur views and what brand is it...

Barbara144

Asked by Barbara144 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would advice against it. Not only are they not to be used only a daily basis, but I have heard that you have to be a licensed medical professional or it is illegal to have one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• LOL... Illegal... I had one and if hey were illegal they would no advertise them on baby magazines or even have a legit website.. I even saw them at a Baby Depot store.. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Dont get the thing at walmart it doesnt work well it didnt work for me
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I was thinking of getting a top of the line one like Baby Beat.. Sort of like the ones the Doctor's use in their office.. I don't know why the lady here said it was illegal because it's not.. Anyways, I too had the one from walmart, I think it's called Angel something.. The one I want costs over $500 but I can rent it from them.. I've had 3 m/c's and constantly worry.. Im still early but plan on getting one in the next month or so.. ;)
    Barbara144

Answer by Barbara144 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1489284/Ultrasounds_and_Dopplers_are_they_Safe

They aren't approved for every day use and really shouldn't be sold to the general public for that reason (but companies want to make a buck so they do). Use at your own risk. There is no testing done on their safey. You are messing with ultrasound waves. I would't do it. If you want to ear the heartbeat safely, wait a while and learn how to use a fetoscope.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My sister has one and she used it through her pregnancy and she loved it. She said it was worth it to have. She was going to give it to me but I said no just because I didn't want to have it and hear the heartbeat everyday cause then the appointments wouldn't be any fun to me. But my sister used it cause she had 3 m/c's prior to her having this baby and she was worried also she was a high risk pregnancy!
    Randa09

Answer by Randa09 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009