Do you have a sibling that you are jealous of because they have more than you?

I have a brother who is married and has a bigger house, more cars, one more child and they go on vacations more than I do. I truly don't care. I'd rather have love than all that materialistic stuff.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You only get what you work for. I don't see why anyone would be jeaous.Wouldn't you be happy for your sibling?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I hate both my sisters- End of story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My sister is married and a SAHM with two beautiful, smart, wonderful kids, My other sister is married to a man, A SAHM with a crazy, wild, fun loving boy, and another on the way. They both have houses and cars-
    I on the other hand is a single mother, living in my parents basement, no car, and trying to just get thou work, and school... OHH, I'm also divorced!
    Yes, I am TOTALLY jealous!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• For those of you that are jealous, do you let it show to your siblings? Or do you act happy for them?

My DH is the youngest of his 3 siblings and they are so jealous and they let it show and it hurts his feelings. For ex, we bought a house in October and he didn't come see it yet and he lives no more than 20 miles away.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• No, I act very proud of my sisters, and I guess, honestly I am proud of there achievements, I just wish they did not rub it in my face all the time, and BOY do they- "if you hadn't left your husband, you would have a house" or "you need to bite the bullet and just buy a car, we did, you can too" or "if you don't move out of ma's house, your going to be single forever, and turn into a lonely cat woman" Those things need not be said, EVERYTIME they see me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Only if I'm having a self pity day lol. My one sister lives by herself, has all the things she needs for herself and her house, etc. Us on the other hand are still saving to buy a couch, a bedroom set, etc. My DD has EVERYTHING she needs and more. But at the end of the day I have my SO who I love and loves me and would do anything for my DD and I and we have our beautiful daughter. And love and family are way more important to me than material things. Yes it is nice to have nice furniture, but it will all come in time.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Haha my dh makes less then my older brother and all my brother has is a nicer car and a huge mond of debt he lives with his mil so hell no I'm not jealous of that we have our own place and a daughter that was actually wanted. I can say my sil is jealous of me and my daughter when I moved in with my dh boyfrind at the time she hounded my brother until he let her move in with him, when I got married she was pissed because my brother didn't want to marry her and when I got pregnant she wouldn't talk to me for 3 months then after 4 months she got pregnant (brother didn't want a kid until they were older) but she trapped him and then after she got pregnant she hounded him to marry her
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'm envious, not jealous............. and I'm happy for them, both my sister and brother have more than me....... but it was the other way around a few years ago
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 2:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I am sometimes jealous of my brother. Not because he has more, but because he does not have to work or take care of any one. His wife pays for everything. I would probably hate it if i were them though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• No I am not jealous I find you can never be happy while coveting others belongings. Everything I have suffered from being homeless to working my way off of welfare to not having a pot to well you know in have made me who and what I am today.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2009