Blue Ink

I do not know what catagory to put this in but house duties are part of parenting so I am trying here. My husband got blue ink all over one of his white polo work shirts. I have not washed it or dried it yet in hopes of trying to find a way to get it out. PLEASE HELP! I really need to get the ink out of his polo so he is not down a work shirt. What can I do?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 11:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• alcohol hair spray w/alcohol or goo gone all really work soak it in whichever you choose dont dry it till you get it out
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• if it is white shirt then bleach it or use the bleach pen
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• bleach alone will not get rid of pen ink (plus it breaks down the fabric fibers and can turn whites yellow if you are not careful) go with the first answer hairspray, goo gone.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• DOnt do the goo gone because its oily and will leave an oil stain.....TRy oxy clean first in cold water. See how much of it that gets out and then go with the bleach pen. Dont do straight bleach. Is it a polo or an oxford? Youre likely going to have better luck getting it out of an oxford, but nothings for sure. Hair sray sounds okay in theory, but it also might leave an oil stain. I think I would stick with the oxyclean. ALWAYS do cold water though.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• . I have never had goo gone leave a grease stain soak it and wash in hot water . Do not do clorox.I would seriously try the alcohol first. I really want to know how this comes out for you.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2009