Is this labor??

I am currently 37w and 6 days. The past 15 hours I have had what I thank are contractions (my 1st) that are a little irregular but in the 5-6 minute spacing range. I have also had kidney stones the past 3 weeks, I have passed 6 stones, the smallest being 6mm, and didnt even know I was passing them. The dr said there is a 99.9% chance the stones would send me into labor. My dr was concerned about my very high threshold for pain, and understanding when to go to l&d. What I am assuming is contractions feels like period cramps, but worse, and starts in my back and goes to the front, almost like I am about to have diarrhea, or gas pains. I also have some flank pains, but that could just be related to the kidney stones. Sometimes I notice my heart rate increasing pretty rapidly as well. They hurt worse when I walk, or sit straight up, then when I am laying down. I have not passed my mucus plug. Does this sound like labor??

BooBearsMomma

Asked by BooBearsMomma at 11:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldnt wait if they are that close togather i would call your doc or go straight to the L and D but thats my opinion
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Braxton Hicks contractions maybe? If they're irregular, they might be B.H.C.
    MOM2JEM

Answer by MOM2JEM at 11:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'm not sure about BH, I haven't felt any so far so I don't know what they are like, lol. My dr has said a couple of times she could feel my contractions while doing exams, but I've never felt them so I have no idea! Would BH last 16 hours?
    BooBearsMomma

Answer by BooBearsMomma at 11:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• That sounds a lot like labor to me. With the other issues you've been having, I would call the doctor. The last thing you want to do is be in actual labor and blow it off. My early labor contraction felt like period cramps (my normal cramps are pretty intense) and they just got more an more intense and painful. The thing I noticed most was the pressure on my cervix. That got worse and worse as time went on.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• It sounds like labor to me. With all 3 of mine I don't really remember losing my plug. It can happen without realizing it I guess. I would be calling the doc right away
    Christy644

Answer by Christy644 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2009