Has anyone here gotten pregnant after DH had a vasectomy?

I'm not talking about right away, but a few years later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I havent but my mom did the doctor that did the vasectomy didnt do it right
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• a friend of mine got pregnant twice.. depends on how good the dr is i guess. but that makes me nervous because my dh is getting vasectomy done on the 11th but i'm freaking out that it won't work..
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• yas_marie_87, did they tell you that you're still supposed to use birth control until his semen sample comes back negative? If you don't, you will probably get pregnant. (BTW I am the OP) My DH had his vas over 2 years ago, his semen sample came back with no swimmers, but things can always heal themselves back to where they were.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• That is scary! I think the doctor is supposed to cut the tube and then tie a knot in each end so it dosent heal back. But if he dosent do that then i would guess they might just grow back together! I hope they tied a knot in my husbands!! lol
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 12:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I did but it wasn't his baby...he just thought it was...i made up some stupid story about how you can still conceive and he bought it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My SO is planning on having one in January. I hope it works cuz I don't really like being pregnant lol.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• The chances are really low if it's done right. You really have to have him get two clear counts before you can consider it reliable. The longer it's been since then, the lower the chance of getting pregnant is.  From  http://www.vasectomy-information.com/articles/october2006.htm :

So what are the chances of a vasectomy rejoining after the all clear has been given? This is known as late recanalization, and is in fact very rare. It develops in only about one in 4,000 (0.025%) of vasectomies. It has been known to occur as late as 17 months after vasectomy3. 

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• anon 12:39
    That is one of the most awful things i have ever read. How could you do that to him? Thats so wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i just had our last baby 4 weeks ago so i havent started any bc but i'm sure we"ll get our ?s answered at the consult next week.. thanks for the info tho
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My fiance is vasectomy baby!

I thank my lucky stars every day that the doc didn't do it right :D
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2009