WHEN IS THE CORD GOING TO FALL OFF.. MY SON IS 11 DAYS OLD

ALLIE637

Asked by ALLIE637 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Around two weeks after birth.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Are you putting enough alcohol on it? Really soak it with the cotton/alcohol. Then dry it with more cotton.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My DD fell off about 15 days, but I accidentally "helped" it. She probably could have been one of those kids who had it a full month.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• SEE HERE IS THE THING WITH THE ALCOHOL.. NO ONE TOLD US TO PUT IT ON THERE. NOT ANYONE WE KNEW OR ANYONE IN THE HOSPITAL. SO THANK GOD IT NEVER GOT INFECTED WE ARE NOW, BUT UP UNTIL 2 DAYS AGO WE WERE NOT PUTTING ANYTHING ON IT
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• M son's fell off at two weeks.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 12:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• It may take a little longer then, but it's ok. Just do it now and keep doing it at every diaper change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• ur not suppose to put alcohol on it. it will fall off on its own. thats what the hospital told me. they said there is good bacteria on it. dont put alcohol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Make sure you are putting enough alcohol on it. Both the hospital and the doctors office said to. We were'd putting enough on because the hospital had us using hte swabs and it wasn't really doing anything. Doc said to web a q-tip with alcohol and put it on and it was off in 3 days. Do it at each diaper change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• One of my kids took just shy of a month! I thought that thing would never come off. The other took about a week.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• when i had my son the doctors and the hospital staff told us not to put anything on it just watch incase something started to for. but his fell off in 7 days
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009