What can I take to help me?

I have an 11 month old DD, and I have no sex drive at all anymore. My SO and I have sex maybe once a week and I just can't get in the mood. I have tried everything. Is there anything over the counter that I can take? And if I do decide to go to the doctor do I see my gyno? What do they do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I would talk to your doctor.
    It is not uncommon to have a hormonal imbalance after pregnancy, and that can effect a lot of things including sex drive.
    I just talked to my doctor about the same problem (my daughter is 15 months old) I have had no sex drive since I was 4 months pregnant. No desire at all. She is doing blood work checking my hormones and such, making sure nothing is too out of whack.

Aside from hormones, the everyday things can take away from your desire/sex drive. Simply the stresses of being a new mommy, dealing with the house, work (if you do work) and trying to maintain your relationship is enough to decrease your sex drive dramatically.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• If you are nursing or on birthcontrol pills those can kill your sex drive. Trust me, I know about that!! When I was finished nursing and my husband got a vas it came back. Also if there is something going on in your marriage like you are mad at him or you think he dosent help out enough that will kill it too.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 12:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't take anything without asking my dr but when I need a sexual pick me up I use over the counter DHEA. It comes in 25 mg capsules but I read women don't need more than 10 mg a day so I take 5mg twice a day in my tea for a few days. I don't take it all the time, just to jump start things if they get draggin. Also remember that great sex is mostly mental. Spend some time fantasizing and see if that helps as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2009