Baths during pregnancy?

Some people tell me its bad and other say they do it all the time. I Love taking baths but I know theyre not supposed to be really hot. Well I was in the bath the other day it was WARM to me not hot. well my DH felt it and was like omg thats really hot. He always says this when we shower together or whatever. Is it okay as long as its not hot to me or should i be having someone else check the water? Maybe he is just to sensitive though. He cant even eat his food hot he waits for it to get semi warm before he will even touch it. IDK what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they actually have a specific temperature for what it should not go over .. i forget exactly what it is, but im pretty sure its 104 degrees. type it in your search engine and you should find websites about it or ask your doctor. i like my baths HOT so i was pretty upset when i was pregnant, i rather not have taken one then taken a just warm one. but it doesnt matter how hot your shower is, only the bath matters cuz your sitting in it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• oh and i also read on one of the websites when i was researching this, that the average person likes there shower and bath to be 114 degrees .. so ud be suprised probably
    PURPULbutterfly

• Pupul is right. I believe it is 104 degrees that the water should not be over. Next time maybe take the temp of the water before getting in. You might have a high tolerance for hot temperatures so maybe what is warm to you is actually hot, or maybe you are right and DH is too sensitive.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Google it if you're anxious, I love mine hot but they tend to cool down as usually just as i go for a bath one of the kids will decide they want something and get out of bed so by the time i've sorted them out, its probably cooled right down!

Take plenty of hot baths as you pass your due date, they are so relaxing, soothe all your aches and pains and soften everything up :o)

Congratulations on the pregnancy x x x
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 1:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Try getting an aquarium thermometer and putting it into your bath water before getting in, it floats so you dont have to worry about losing it. They cost like 3 - 5 dollars at pet stores.
    As long as the temp isnt above 100 F then youre fine.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I love them it makes my back feel better plus some people have water births which is like having ur baby when ur taking a bath i want to do it next time i have a baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2009