I really do think!

Am I wrong, but I really do think men leave their wives for better looking women? A couple of my friends husbands left them for other women, and I don't know what they look like, but from what i hear, they're kind pretty. What is your opinion. By the way, my ex left me for another woman, who is tall, athletic and loves all sports. Know wonder why I haven't dated in two years since this all happened.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• my ex used to leave me/cheat on me, with really ugly fat girls. but he was like the scum of the earth, so not a normal guy. im sure some guys might leave there wives for prettier women.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i don't think it always has to do with looks...sometimes it does..but i have to admit i will give men in general the benefit of the doubt on this one...for younger men this may be the case and some older but for most older men it's less about looks and more about companionship...i've seen many older men be with women that could be described as homely but they didn't care so much about the way they looked as how the women made them feel...i had a guy leave me once..we were engaged to be married and had been together for 3 years well lived together for 3 years together for much longer...he ended up leaving me for another women...at first i thought it was because she was more attractive even though many ppl told me that she was nothing compared to me...he even told me on many accounts that he did not find her the most attractive girl that i was way prettier and hotter..but she gave him something i couldn't anymore.
    ari_baby

Answer by ari_baby at 12:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Looks have something to do with it in very FEW cases. According to the book Why Men Cheat, men leave a wife over how she makes him FEEL at home. So if the OW is pretty then it's just a coincidence. I've seen men leave beautiful women for a plain woman before and it's all about her making him feel like a king while the wife made him feel like nothing but a provider. So it's Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder type of thing. Make a man feel wanted and appreciated and he'll stay is the point of the book (written by a man after he did a study of men who left their wives)

Answer by admckenzie at 12:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• to finish what i was writing..she made him happy...he said if he was still happy with me he never would of left..it took me a long time to realize he was right...we had been holding on to something that just wasn't there anymore...when i met my husband i realized what he was talking about...
    ari_baby

Answer by ari_baby at 12:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree, maybe younger men do, but older men for the most part don't. They like to feel appreciated and loved. Not nagged and used just to pay the bills. My ex left me for another woman. She is not prettier, but not uglier either. She is not better than me, just better for him.
    kimmy1963

Answer by kimmy1963 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Not always true. My dad left my 5'4" 110 lb mom for a 5'1" 200lb woman. He married her and no one can figure out why. Not one attractive thing about her. She is as ugly on the inside as the outside. Mean, rude, foul mouthed and just an all round miserable person. My dad is not happy with her at all and does not see any of his grandkids because we don't like her and won't allow her around our kids. My son is afraid of her. My dad called me recently and said he wants to kick her out thankfully he did not put her name on anything and made her sign a prenupt.

My first husband cheated on me with a woman much less attractive than me. She was 190lbs and only 4'10". Very smelly too. His friends said they had no clue why he was with her. She physically abused my daughter and he lost all visitation. He is still with her they have three kids and I feel for them she probably abuses them like my kids.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my ex husband left me for a bigger woman who was supposed to be my best friend... but he had cheated on me several times before that i feel that the woman who said that she was holding on to something that was not there anymore was correct you have to be happy in a relationship to have a commited and fun one if not then someone is going to leave someone and it may not be the prettiest one but the one that gives him what you cant any more
    Rochelleyboo

Answer by Rochelleyboo at 2:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Not at all I think men leave because of things that happen or not happen at home. My ex left I think b/c I was getting sick later to find out I had hypothrodism jerk anyways glad I didn';t have cancer or something serious but anyway I was sleeping alot and not giving him the attention he needed I guess. His now wife is 1/2 mexican and ugly but she devotes all her attetion on him which I used to do until he got so wrapped up into doing for other pppl not his family. I feel now that I dont' even know him but have to see them together cuz of the grandkids. It hurts still to this day and later he said he wished we were still together but for me not after a mexican just yuck in my book ppl didn't understand my ex they all said we had the perfect maariage I thought so to he just wasn't happy I guess. She probably gives more head or something I don't do and then he never asked either. I just don't think he was commited anymore 2 us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• don't hate the mexican lady. your husband was the disgusting one
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 5:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2009