How do your animals react to your pregnancy?

I have a female weenie dog. Since ive been pregnant she hasnt wanted to leave my side. I also have a male cat who is the most loveable lazy fat cat ever, but since ive been pregnant he doesnt like me around him at certain times. He will scratch me for no reason, something he never did before. Then in the next minute will come over and rub all over me. I found out i was having a boy, and was curious if my Male cat can sense its a boy and thats why he doesnt like me? The Cat loves my DH so it doesnt make sense for him not to like me if im having a boy? My cat was with me even before i knew DH he was always the baby. He did hate DH at the beginning though. So idk what do you think and how do your pets react?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pets

• I have heard that animals can smell the hormones and know when someone is pregnant. I have a 13 year old collie and she hasn't really acted too much different since I've been pregnant but every once and awhile she'll follow me around and lay her head on my lap. She always tries to get in the bathroom when I'm in there as well. Keep an eye on them though cause I have heard when you are ready to go into labor, their behavior might be a clue!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my dogs or cat sact the same. i head they would be able to tell but my favorite dog still acts the same.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009