need advice about contractions

Last night I was having them every 3-5 minutes and they lasted about 40 seconds on average. I have a little lower back pain, but nothing unbearable. The contractions are more annoying than anything, but come with a little pain. Baby has not been moving as much but idk to chalk that up to him jsut having a growth spurt and not moving...i hear if ur having BH more than 4 in an hour, call ur dr...but IDK what to do. I am timing them right now, for another hour,then i will call so i can tell them the intervals, but what do yall think?? Its worse if i sit, or wlak around...ive drank lots of water and lay on my left side too =/ oh im 31 weeks BTW

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 12:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• eeeekkkk call doc asap. You may just be feeling braxton hicks but I didnt feel anything when I had braxton hicks I just knew that my belly went really tight and hard.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• its most likely just BH i started getting mine at 32 weeks and they hurt alot and i was a 2cm but nothing else happened for another 4 weeks...just drink water like u are and take it eazy
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• well i have them all day every day, and have been since about week 24...but not like this, and not so close together =/ you can def. feel my tummy is tight if u put ur hand on it, but I guess if i keep timing them and they are @ regular intervals, i will call...so far they are 6 min,6min,4 min...lasting about a minute long...
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 12:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I would call your OB- BH contractions don't hurt, usually just uncomfortable. However they also say that BH won't have any type of consistency to them either, so if there coming that often and creating a pattern I would call OB. Good luck. And try to keep that baby in there as long as possible!!!!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Do yall think that BH would last this long though? since around 10pm last night till now...minue the couple of hours i was sleeping....lol
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 1:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• maybe u should go get checked then i did and they checked me watched the baby for an hour and sent me home
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• It won't hurt to get checked out, you don't want to miss the warnings and then get too far and have them be unable to stop it if it is preterm labor.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009