Spiderweb on my porch. Big Spider!

I live in an apt and we have a little porch and about a week ago, overnight, this big spider took up residence in the corner. I don't know how to get rid of it, kind of afraid I'll get bit. It's not big like a tarantula, but it's a fairly good size. Can I suck it up with the vacuum or do you think it'll crawl out lol. I've never had this problem before.

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 12:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• thats funny. the same thing has happened to me just these past few days!!!!!!! i always kill bugs by spraying them with lyscol, alot of lyscol and they burn and die because i hate them. arent wolf spiders poisonis???? u better kill that motherfucker!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• get some perimeter spray for your house. spray the spider and then the area outside to keep others from coming.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Knock it down with a yardstick or broom and let it leave. It is probably a wolf spider. I hate them, but there isn't much point in killing them. I would spray around the outside of the house to keep them away. I had to get an exterminator to spray the house and we don't have them inside anymore and rarely outside.

Answer by Bmat at 1:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I live in Wisconsin. Do wolf spiders live in the Midwest?
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 1:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009