Baby Fund?

Has anyone heard of or set up a baby fund (for furniture and other expenses) as a part of their registry? I have heard of honeymoon funds and there are plenty of websites to set one up, but I am having problems finding one for baby's. If any one can share any information on this it would be great! Thanks

mommyetter09

Asked by mommyetter09 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why not instead of registering for Money AND gifts do one or the other- To ask for both in this economy could be conceived as selfish or unneeded. You might end up getting WAY more money than actual items. most people would put a 20.00 not thinking about it in a card. VS. a couple onesies and bottles! On the invite say something like, we have almost everything for baby, so if you would like to put money towards a baby's savings account, it would be appreciated!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i did it for my son and it is a great idea and whatever was left over after we had everything i made him a bank account that he can have when he graduates or when he gets married
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i wondered about this on my last pregnancy!! i would have gotten so much better stuff that way. thats a super good idea! let me know what you find out haha ill do that for my next baby :) GL
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• maybe make a bank account at your bank and send out the account number in the invitation so people can anonymously deposit any amount they want,
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2009