I have bad "acne" The only thing that clears it up is being in the sun. Is it possible that it isn't acne and is some sort of vitamin deficancy? It is only on my arms, chest and shoulders. It isn't on my face.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes it could be, but it could also be a hormone imbalance.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

She doesnt have it on her face can she does this to her body and it still have the same affect?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• could be some form of psoriasis, or eczema. you should probably check with a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• nah, i have the same problem. but i have it on my face too. the sun always clears up. the sun just dries it out.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Sun is good for the skin-period! In limits, of course, bitches...
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 9:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• evilive I agree but I can't be in the sun year around and don't want nasty skin when I can't be...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2009