• In the Spotlight:

What do you do for extra money?

I have home businesses but the economy is making my sales sluggish. What other ideas do you have for little things I can do to make money? I know you can clean houses or babysit... what else do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I make and sell crafts. We also sell campfire wood in front of our house as well as worms for fishing. My niece does the EBAY thing. I also take clothes to the local consignment shop But that is not cash right now that is cash in 4-8 weeks. Mu DH is a mechanic so he fixes cars on the side. Find your talent and sell it. It can be cake baking, cookie making candy/fudge making,sewing/clothing repair. Are you artistic can you paint or draw a portrait. Do you take awesome pics? Just sit down and think about what you are good at and love to do then run with it.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I work with ASP National. I'm a lead generator. There is no charge to work, you do have to apply and you do have to interview.

I love it cause I offer dental/vision savings that many have lost due to insurance crises and budget cuts going on everywhere.

On top if that people get awesome freebies(Camera cell phone & 500 minutes!).

pass_along_card_budget_minded2-1.jpg picture by EmmaWeekly

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• m-avi

I  have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Actually, wouldn't it be better to build your business by doing more networking?

• rkoloms Thanks for the advice. I've done a ridiculous amount of networking and advertising for my businesses and for a while I was bringing in several thousand a month and now since around Christmas 08 I've been barely making a thousand a month. Any ideas on where else I can network? I think I've tried it all! lol

Thanks for all of your ideas! Keep them coming!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I do lawn work and clean houses not a lot but enough so I can have a couple extra bucks.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• ebay, i don't do it a lot, but some of my daughter's clothes/shoes have sold well.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 3:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I am with Procard International. With the economy the way it is, not only are people interested for a work at home opportunity but they are also looking into the discount medical, dental, vision, etc. you receive with Procard. Check out my website at http://www.procardinternational.com/kristens4761 for more info

craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 9:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I work online, it's free and easy. It won't make you rich, but I make about an extra $1000/month without much effort. Free Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009