I have no energy, ever!

What can I do to increase my energy levels? I literally feel a heaviness in my chest and feel dizzy constantly. It doesn't matter how much I sleep I'm still exhausted. I eat a well balanced diet and take vitamins. The doctors have ran several tests and have no clue! I feel awful all the time! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It could be any number of things. I'm assuming they have ruled out anemia? Hypoglycemia? Have you been depressed? Depression can manifest as exhaustion, lethargy, lack of energy. Keep going to the Dr. we can't really give you the answers on here.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I would keep going to the dr. I went to several after my 3rd child was born with exhaustion being my chief complaint - they all kept telling me "yeah, well ya have 3 kids" Finally I found one that listened to me, did the right tests, and found out I have an autoimmune disease (sjogrens syndrome) that causes exhaustion among other things that I was experiencing (dry mouth, dry eyes) but hadn't associated with the tiredness. There is no treatment, but I feel better knowing that there is a reason for my fatigue and it's not just laziness!

Answer by missanc at 2:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I haven't been depressed. Actually I've had some really great things happen to me lately and still I'm so exhausted I can't enjoy anything! Its weird you say that, I actually have been so thirsty lately my mouth is always dry and my eyes have been dry and irrated too. I figured it was just because of allergies. Do you ladies have any suggestions on what type of doctor I should be going to? Should I find some sort of specialist or continue on with a regular doctor? Thank you for your replies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have the same problem, but I am border line anemic. If my iron drops to low, I feel dead. I need to take my own advice and start taking vitamins again. I noticed a huge difference when I was on them. I would atleast help until they figure out what is going on.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 10:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2009