Is it possible for a UTI not to go away with antibiotics??

I have a UTI and i was put on antibiotics the one that is sulfur based i dont remember what is was called..and went back to the doctor after finishing those antibiotics and still have a UTI so I was put on amoxicillin now and im on it for a week ive been on it for five days and nothings changed is it possible for it not to work..Ive heard of pregnant women having to be put in the hospital for an iv antibiotics is this why because pills dont work??

zoeilyy

Asked by zoeilyy at 1:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes u body builds immunity to antibiotics called antibiotic resistance make take the whole course of the amox and finish it and the tell your doc.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Bingo kirsty!
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• *make sure to take the whole course of the amox and finish it and the tell your doc.
    Lol I missed a few words.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• ask your doctor for a culture, they will use the culture to test which antibiotics will be more effective and get rid of the infection
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 4:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009