Cramping

I am 38 wks prego and Today I been having period like cramps when I have a Contraction. I laid down to see if they would stop and seemed to got a little worse. I wouldn't say there painful cause I know what labor feels like but they are very uncomfortable and it seem like I got to pee like crazy. I lost a lot of my mucus plug today but no blood in it. Is this start of labor and Do you guys think it's going to get worse???

Tara04

Asked by Tara04 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the mucus plug doesn't always have visible blood in it. The contractions could be some late Braxton Hicks...but usually BH contractions don't continue or get stronger. If the contractions are longer, stronger, and closer together, you have something to work with. If you have already lost your mucus plug and you're 38 weeks, it may not be long. Has your baby dropped yet? I think you are either having some really bad BH contractions ( which should lessen if you change positions for a while ) or you are in early labor. I'd rely on the latter though. I think you should call your doctor. How often are the contractions? Have you had any other labor symptoms? Mssg me if you need to. Good luck :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 2:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I LOLd at that last part about do you think it's going to get worse
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• First, baby dropping doesn't mean crap. My son didn't drop until i had been in labor for 6 hours.
    Second, laying down sometimes moves the baby into a better position to apply pressure to the cervix. What happens if you walk? If you walk and they stop, I would think it is just pre-labor or BH.
    And I agree with motherofanaries... it isn't going to go away if it is labor. :) Labor is work and work usually isn't the easiest. But fear makes pain worse, so just roll with it. I pictured each contraction as a wave and I was physically rolling into them, and they weren't bad at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ha meant something I went in to labor already back home from having baby.
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009