How to move?

Anyone ever moved out of state on their own. I need to move out of my mom's house but I'm a single mom. I want to move to a new state and get a fresh start on life. How do I find a job and an apartment for my son and I? How do I move by myself? I have no support from my mother. She thinks I should stay here. I also don't have my own car, I've been borrowing hers. She will let me take her car if I move. Do I look for an apartment first? Do I look for a job first? How do I do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• First, Save some money. Try to find a job were you want to live first. Before moving. If you can do that, you can write the move on your taxes at the end of the year. Go visit the city you want to live in first to see if you really like it there, look for a job then.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Find a job goto craigslist and find almost n e thing u need on there including a home.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I took a class at the local university and the assignment was exactly what you are going through in real life. We had to come up with some ideas of where we'd like to move then research the places and make a decision on where to move. So first off what's important to you? Do you want to live in a large city or a small town? Do you want to live inside the city limits or in a rural area? Do you have a skill or a degree in a certain field? Since you have a child I'm guessing you want to learn about the educational system in the area you choose. All of these things can be checked into online. If you take your mom's car then you wouldn't need to check public transportation (I just gave my son to my car so I'd need p.t. myself). I'm a bit paranoid about things like cancer cluster areas and nuclear power plants, etc so I checked on those online as well. Check the cost of living for the areas too.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• so true go to craigslist.com and type in the state and city where you want to move and go from there the same thing with the jobs also you can go to rent.com or apartments.com and put in the city and state where you are trying to move but before you move you would have to find a place and a job first since you dont know anyone and if you need help moving rent a uhale and just say you need it to move out of town and you leave it in the city and state where your moving to but be sure to take it to a uhale place in the city and state where your moving to but you or someone you know have to have your dl's to rent it ok hope this helps best of luck
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 3:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• 1. Find a Job....establish when you can start
    2. Find an apartment that is near a daycare facility and your new job.
    3. Once you sign the lease contact the telephone company (unless you only want to use your cell phone as your primary phone), cable service, and electric company (unless heat and hot water are included in your rent).
    4. Contact your bank, credit card companies, and any other bills you pay to notify them of your new address and when it will take effect.
    5. Go to the post office and complete a "Moving Form" to have all of your mail forwarded to your new address (they'll do this for free for about 6 months)
    6. Rent a UHaul--cheapest for one-way trips! You can add a car hitch or trailer to tow your car.
    7. Start boxing up all of your stuff--things you don't need now like seasonal clothing...you can get free boxes from your grocery store.

GOOD LUCK! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2009