What is the oldest a child should be in diapers and a passy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For a typical child? I would say no more diapers by 4 at the latest, 3 for a paci. But if a child has issues, then the family needs to do what is best for them and their child.

Answer by missanc at 2:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Pacifier 1 (18 months should be max), and diapers by the age of 3
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Paci - 12-18 mo. The earlier, the easier. If you wait too long, it interferes with their speech development. Same too for bottles - my kids went to sippies at 6 mo (with EBM) so it wasn't an issue. Then they were using regular glasses and cups around 18 mo.

Diapers/pull-ups, depends on the kid. Some kids potty train easier than others. My DS1 PT'd just before he was 3, DS2 is now 3 & 2 mo and is just getting it now. Boys are later than girls, too for PTing.
    HybridMom27

Answer by HybridMom27 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My pediatrician said that 3 months is the longest a baby needs a binky - we stopped both kids at that age, though DS still takes one at bedtime. Diapers should be at age 3-3 1/2.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 4:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My opinion.... Paci- 1 year, Diapers - potty train before they are 3 years
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Diapers (unless there is a medical issue) no later than 4, and pacifier around 3.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 7:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• for me and my son, I'm thinking we'll work on the paci around 9-12mos, bottle at 12mos and work on PT'ing whenever he shows an interest. probably around 2-3yrs.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2009