What is the oldest a child should be in diapers and a passy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would say age 3 is old enough...I took my son's away at age 1/2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• To me, if they are in diaper in the day time on there 3rd birthday. I don't believe in pacifiers so never for a passy.

Answer by louise2 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• There are no rules here. Whenever your child is ready to be potty trained , can stay dry,then he is ready to be out of diapers. Usually babies are done with pacifiers before age two but there is no rule about that either. Do what YOU think is best.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Potty training 2 1/2 years is a good limit. We plan in introducing the idea to our son at 2 years old, or if he shows signs he wants to learn, 1 1/2 years.
    The passy.....well new books say to stop using those at 6 months so they don't become a crutch. My son is 8 mo and he still uses it to soothe himself. We're discontinuing use at 1 year cold turkey. Good rule of thumb-your child shouldn't be walking around with a pacifier in his mouth-at least not for very long. 3 years old and still using a pacifier is unacceptable. Prolonged use of a pacifier can interfere with sucking and chewing abilities once the child eats table food exclusively. It can also interfere with tooth development. Pacifiers are for babies, not toddlers.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• For as long as the parents decides it is ok.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• 2 1/2 for potty, never for a paci.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• passy-never, or at least not past 1 year-for diapers, they should wear them for as long as it takes for them to be ready to potty train. to many parents tryo to force their kids to potty train to soon because it is convient for them...it needs to be about when the kid is ready. i waited tioll my ds was ready(about 3 1/2) and when we started he was fully day and night time potty trained in less than a week! if i had given in and started pressuring him at 2 1/2 like i was told to he might still be having potty issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• passy 6mo-12mo and diapers 2 1/2
    MONIVEMOM

Answer by MONIVEMOM at 3:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I couldnt get my kids to use a passy,but I say early around 6 months because they forget easier and the older they are the harder it gets to deprive them of their favorites.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• 1 for the passy and 2 for the diapers
    sassygoddess

Answer by sassygoddess at 4:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009