How many well baby/child check ups do kids have per year after their 12 month check up?

Trying to estimate how many dr. visits we need to plan for financially once our little one turns 1. We know we can't plan them all because she might get sick and things, but how many scheduled check ups do they have at that age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• 12 months
    18 months
    and then yearly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well, its supposed to be once a year after 24 mos, but we stopped doing it when they were about 4-5. My kids saw the doc enough during the year for me to bring up any concerns then that I didnt have to plan another visit. NOW, my girls are going to play school sports and the school requires a physical once a year so its time for us to renew those so that my 10th grader can play HS volleyball and my 6th grader can play middle school basketball. SO we are ending up starting the yearly thing again for sports.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2009