Boston Gay Games?

I guess I just don't get it. Why have a specifically Gay "Olympics" if you are trying to hard for "inclusion"? Isn't that sort of an oxy-moron?

“The goals of the Games are to promote the spirit of inclusion and participation and the pursuit of personal growth through a sporting event,” At-Large City Councilor John Connolly, author of the resolution, said in a statement today.

The Olympics unites everyone all over the world, so why make a "Gay Games"?

I'm not trying to bash it, people can do whatever they want, but doesn't this kind of group gay people together in an all gay setting? how does that create more inclusion?

http://www.boston2014.com/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Straight people are welcome and do go to these type of things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• What do sports and sex have to do with each other??

I just fail to see the constant need to take sex out of the bedroom. Honestly, the more it is shoved in my face the less "understanding and compassionate" I become.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2009