• In the Spotlight:

Will you get the Swine Flu vaccine? Have you researched it? Please look at the first link. The second involves squalene; an oil in which the vaccine is added. Harken back to Gulf War Syndrome. I am NO doctor but this seems scary to me. If you have time, please check the links or ask a lot of questions with regard to the new vaccine as it could affect your health and that of your kids. Again, I am just researching and a tad suspicious. Let me know your thoughts!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=13925

http://www.vaccine-a.com/excerpt.html

Injecting squalene, though, was another story. To make sure it was the oils that did the damage, Beck, Whitehouse and Pearson tried injecting rats with squalene and squalane without mycobacteria in the formula. Rats injected with either squalene or squalane all developed experimental allergic encephalomyelitis—the same MS-like disease caused by Freund's. The injected animals were left hobbled, dragging their paralyzed hindquarters through the wood chips in their cages. , The UCLA team had found what it was looking for: oils that induced autoimmune disease, but with less inflammation. Between the two of them, squalene was less desirable for UCLA's purposes. "Squalene was more arthritogenic," Beck recalls, "but it also produced a greater inflammation."

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 3:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the flu shot- any flu shot- is crap. So, my answer is a resounding NO.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 6:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• We never vaccinate with a new medicine. Ever.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• No way. My uncle is paralyzed and a cousin died from the last round of swine flu vaccinations. That flu happened in the 70s killed three people the vaccination killed many more and destroyed the health of thousands. I won't risk my health for it at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• No way not even for a million or gazillion dollars,I know geeshh I must be suffering from brain malfunction. If I get swine flu I get it and I just pray my family friends and neighbors dont catch it or if they do that they live through it!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• No, I won't. I am all for vaccinations, but getting one for the swine flu is absolutely silly. We don't even get one for the regular flu.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I think NOT!!!
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 4:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my husband wants me to consider it since i will be pregnant while flu season is in full swing and pregnant women are the highest risk people. but to get a vaccination that really hasn't been tested is not for me. no one will really know what the side affects are until it is to late and i would hate to put my unborn baby at risk.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• No I won't but then I never get the flu shot. I'd rather have the flu.
    I hear they want pregnant woment to get it first. Hell no I wouldn't get it if I was pregnant.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

Curious about this. You believe in vaccinations for things that are rare on our soil and rarely kill. Yet you won't get the flu shot when it kills over 30k people every year. Makes no sense to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• This is so old. NO Becasue YOU CANNOT SUCCESSFULLY VACCINATE ZOONOTICLA DISEASES!! You are setting yourself up to get it. They have not tested it and use live flu in all flu vaccines so you are more likely to get it with the shot then without it.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 5:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009