Could I be one of those rare "false positive"s?

OK, so I took a HPT on Thursday even though I am not supposed to start until Monday or Tuesday. The digital readout clearly said "Yes+" but today I started having what I usually get before I start...a brownish, pink discharge with minor cramping. Usually, my period starts a day or two after this happens. I am scared that the test was wrong, but I have read that a false positive is very rare. My husband and I were so excited to learn that we were pregnant again. What should I do?

Jess

mrsmommaJ

Asked by mrsmommaJ at 3:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not much you can do except wait. I mean, you can take another test, you can call the doctor, but other than that... wait. Check the expiration date on the test, because that could lead to an invalid result. Otherwise, a false negative could be indicative of some serious health issues.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Take another test. The bleeding your experiencing could be from implantation or sometimes a little blood is normal in a pregnancy. Take another test to be sure. :) But congratulations! (BTW I experienced ALOT of bleeding in my first trimester so you shouldn't automatically think false or miscarriage)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Take another test
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well, I just took another test and it is still showing positive. I checked the expiration, and that's ok too.
    mrsmommaJ

Answer by mrsmommaJ at 10:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2009