Negative tests, but still pregnant?

Has anyone here had this happen? Negative urine or blood tests, but find out later that you were actually pregnant??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It happens fairly often. Some women do not excrete enough hCg for the test to identify, sometimes for months into their pregnancies. Blood tests are more sensitive, but even those can be false.

Sometimes it's because of the amount of bodyfat a woman has, other times it's just because her body doesn't make much of the hormone that's used in testing pregnancy.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• When I found out about our son, I took a home test and it came out neg. but I ended up in the ER because I felt so bad and they took one and was 6-8 weeks along.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 4:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I am asking, because I feel like I am going crazy! I missed a period 2 months ago, but then had 2 after that. The first one was very light, the second one quite heavy. I am having tons of symptoms, a lot of nausea and dizzyness, metallic taste in my mouth, uterine heavyness, and breast tenderness. I have two other kids and felt this way with both of them. I tested positive with them VERY quickly though... 7dpo for DS #2!

I have taken a lot of HPTs, all negative. I have had 2 betas done, and both were negative. I dont want to be a crazy lady who is dreaming up these symtoms, and end up having a "phantom pregnancy". We were not ttc. In fact, I was taking micronor (mini pill) and breastfeeding.

If I were preggo, I would be 9 or 10 weeks I think.

I just cant get passed the fact that I have this nagging feeling that I am in fact, pregnant.

Anyone else have any experience similar to this??!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2009