What kinds of food do your kids like to eat?

I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old and am always looking to try new recipes and eat healthier, but am not very creative in the kitchen. Does anyone have any good recipe ideas for dinners, lunch and for snacks? I want to try to incorporate more fresh fruit and veggies into our meals too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• parentsconnect.com is awesome. they have easy recipes, some less than 5 steps. they also have plenty of recipes that your 3 year old can help you with.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Snacks: hummus with fresh veggies and annies whole wheat bunny crackers; smoothie with frozen blueberries, frozen banana, kale (lots of iron and calcium), splash or orange juice or kiwi (vitamin C to increase the absorbtion of iron) and yogurt; a bowl of frozen blueberries; a cut up kiwi;
    I have a ton of tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly meals; send me a message if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Hands down, the most popular lunch I ever made was called Ice Cube Lunch -- because I have a huge pile of ice cube trays, from time to time I'd cut up stuff and serve a huge variety of weird things all in individual cubes of the trays.

Things like a piece of rolled up ham, celery sticks, a dip, peanut butter, apple slices, a few olives, a few slices of hard cooked egg, pieces of pancake, maple syrup, carrot sticks, few berries, a piece of leftover chicken, a few candies or squares of chocolate, toast triangles, some jam, a few small crackers, a few cubes of cheese... etc.

It was different every time, it gave the kids a chance to try something new in amongst lots of favourites, but in super-small quantities so there was no sense that they'd be stuck eating it all if they didn't like it. I usually ate whatever was left ... and there was usually some things left because it really amounts to a lot of food.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My kids (8,6 and 2) favorite thing is their morning monkey shake. I take 3 ripe bananas, 3 cups milk and 2 Tablespoons peanut butter, run it through the blender, then drink. It makes more than enough for the 4 of us.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My kids all love smoothies. I mix the fruit up so it's not all the same. That banana one sounds good I'm going to steal that idea (hope you don't mind).
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• ooh just a small note most smoothie recipes I have found they add sugar or honey to them but we never do. Sometimes I just mix fruit and ice cubes or use milk or yogurt.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• MKy kids love steamed brocoli in tacos with mayonase,. Sounds gross, but it's relly good and get the kids to eat their veggies.
    Iztacihuatl

Answer by Iztacihuatl at 11:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2009