Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can i do about back pain and nothing helping?

tylenol does not help neither does a viccodin. my darling hahahahahahhahahahahaa husband refuses to rub my back. he will for like 12 -30 seconds then "im done" in the mean time it takes me like 5 min to get comfy for him to do so and he doesnt care. in fact he thinks its funny. I am days shy of 38 weeks..
what the hell can I do???????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • try heating pads..i hated this. its the worst back pain ever!

    Answer by Keeely07 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

  • Back labor pains are the worst. When I got into a pool it helped some. Heating pads or a hot shower might help too. But be care not to stay in there very long, you don't want to over heat.

    Answer by rlapierre03 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

  • Get on your hands and knees and do pelvic tilts. Baby's skull is probably pressing on your spine. Baby needs to rotate so it's facing your back. Do it as often as you can stand until the pain is gone.

    And your husband needs to man up! How sad he won't give you a back rub. :(

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

  • swimming

    Answer by mirit.rose at 4:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

  • you're not supposed to use heating pads during pregnancy. it raises body temperature and can be dangerous for the baby!! your hubby should be more supportive-that's pretty lousy! have you tried a long warm ( not hot ) bath? try lighting some candles and taking a long warm bath with some soft music in the background. sometimes when you start to relax the discomfort lessens. It's all connected. give it a shot :)

    Answer by sweetmoonem at 4:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

  • I agree take a nice warm bath. And just relax today! Kick your feet up and watch a movie or something. Just think it's almost over!


    Answer by pinkanfgrl at 4:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

  • If you can afford it, there are masage therapist that specialize in pregnacy. It would be worth a try to find one or a chiorpractor, atleast maybe point you in the right direction

    Answer by momof1boy at 4:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.