BIRTH WEIGHT??

WAS THERE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN WHAT THE DOCTOR TOLD YOU YOUR BABY WEIGHED TOWARDS THE END OF YOUR PREGNANCY AND THE ACTUAL BIRTH WEIGHT?? MY DOCTOR TOLD ME MY LITTLE GIRL WEIGHT 8.13.....AND I AM STILL NOT DIALATED AND I AM ALMOST 40 WEEKS.....(ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO NATURALY INDUCE???)

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• UM my doc said that my baby could be anywhere between 6-8lbs being my first baby especially. I had a 9lb baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I was fortunate, my doc said he was going to be between 7-8 lbs and he was 7.14. I loved him
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 4:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My nurse (who did the ultrasound the day I had my son) said he was about 5 lbs 4 oz. He was born later than night and weighed exactly 5 lbs 4 oz. It depends on how good the person doing the ultrasound is.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 4:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I was told she'd be an 8 or 9 lb baby. She was 7lb 4oz when she came out.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 4:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• If they're off with an ultrasound, they are usually telling you the baby will be bigger than he/she is. And it's normal to be up to 2 lbs. off. Which is huge with someone so little. I wouldn't worry too much. If your body can grow the baby, your body can birth the baby. Walking (a lot) can help move things along a little very safely, and it also helps you get in shape for the birth, as well as helping your baby get into proper position.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Mine said he'd be surprised if my little girl wasn't 10lbs.. she was 7lbs 3.7oz
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 5:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I didn't have an ultrasound late in my pregnancy, but my doctor thought my son would be around 7lbs. He was actually 10lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My mid wife guessed my DDs weight at about 6lbs (2 days before she was born) She weighed 10lbs2oz at birth!! I was not surprised she was big cause I was EXTREMELY uncomfortable the last couple weeks. I could barely walk.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I had a doctor tell me that my baby was upwards of 10 pounds, he was only 6 pounds 9 ounces. They are not always right.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i was told my son would be around 8.5 lbs and he was 8 lbs 2 oz. so pretty close. but it can be waaaaaaay off. a friend of my mom's was told her baby would be 8 lbs and he was 5 lbs.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009