Anyone ever feel like this?

I have 2 great kids, a nine year-old and an 11 month-old, a husband that loves me and alot of friends. My problem is is that at any moment I feel as if I am going to go off the deep end! I can't motivate myself to do anything other than what is expected of me, I sit at my laptop and play all the time. I feel like I need adult interaction, which I don't get with the kids all day. Anyone ever feel like you just aren't doing it, you are just getting by every day? I know that my husband is worried about me, he tries to get me up and moving but to no avail. Please don't be harsh, I really need help with this! Thanks :)

emnasmom

Asked by emnasmom at 4:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It may be time to speak with your doctor. Sounds like you may have a little bit of a depression issues developing. It's good to nip these in the bud before they become a huge problem. I'm not saying that you need to start taking drugs or even therapy, just talk to someone and go from there. Maybe just getting out for a walk once a day or doing something totally selfish for yourself once a week will help you.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Are you exercising? I found when my kids were born, I had to get out and just do something, I needed the endorphins so badly! I'd strap my youngest one on in a Bjorn and my older in a stroller (maybe your older one can come on the bike) and walk walk walk it off. It was a huge stress relief and it got me going in the morning.

If this continues you might want to see your OBGYN or primary care doc about a PPD evaluation. There are also some good self-assessments on the web. I did wind up getting PPD with my second - if you want to know more about what happened, how I felt - you can PM me.
    HybridMom27

Answer by HybridMom27 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• You sound like me.I have no motivation but to only do the things i have to do.I just feel like i just don't want to do anything.It's hard for me to even make out a grocery list any more.I have a 4yr old son and 3 month old daughter.
    ZMK

Answer by ZMK at 7:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Thanks for your advice ladies, I have been checked for PPD and do take meds for it. My husband does suggest that I take a walk with the baby every day, but just thinking about it makes me tired. I feel as though I just may not be cut out to be a SAHM, I don't ever remember a time in my life when I had such little energy and motivation. Everything just seems so overwhelming! ZMK, I am right there with you!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2009