What's the YOUNGEST you've ever heard of a child being potty-trained?

I've heard of the people who potty-train their kids from birth. I don't think I could ever fathom trying it.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I potty trained my self two weeks before I turned two. I am sure there are younger...
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Actress Milla Jovovich said she started her daughter on potty training at 4 months. She's Russian and she said that Russians think this should be done early.....but how do you teach a newborn about this?????
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 4:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My oldest was potty trained at 1 1/2 years. He was very easy and really did it buy himself.
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 4:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Elimination communication (EC) is a practice in which a caregiver uses timing, signals, cues, and intuition to address an infant's need to eliminate waste. Typically the goal is to partially or completely avoid the use of diapers. EC emphasizes communication between the caregiver and child, helping them both become more attuned to the child's innate rhythms and control of urination and defecation. The term "elimination communication" was inspired by traditional practices of diaper-less baby care in less industrialized countries and hunter-gatherer cultures.[1] Some practitioners of EC begin soon after birth, although it can be started with babies of any age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• 10 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i was potty trained by 1 yo. i wish i would have known more about ecing when dd was born.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• If a baby can't walk, then how can you potty train them?
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 5:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• You basically learn their "cues" for when they need to pee and poop. You promptly grab them up and run like mad into the bathroom. Supposedly the kid is supposed to learn how to do it on their own, I dunno.

A typical cue would be (I'm guessing) my daughter's sign for when she poops: she turns beet red and strains really hard. She makes this small squeak, it's really funny. She does it like three times and then she's done.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I WAS PT BY 18 MTS.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• 13 months, and it was me
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 6:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2009