What's the OLDEST un-potty-trained child you know of?

Assuming the child is normal otherwise, of course. I understand that some autistic kids have issues with it. No offense meant.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One of my friends kids just became potty trained this year and he is 7. He is also autistic and used his pacifier for quite some time. I suppose this may sicken or disgust SOME people. It's lovely how judgmental people can be when they have no idea about that person or that person's life.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my cousin would not poop on the potty until she was almost five. she starts school this august.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 4:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My cousin wet the bed until he was 7 or 8. But only at night.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 4:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my mom's friend's son wasn't fully potty trained until a couple of months after his 5th birthday
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 4:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I was asked to babysit a 5 year old boy several years ago. When the mother began telling me about changing his diaper (the child had no disabilities or impairments), I had to refuse the job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i babysat for two boys, the older one was 5 and still pooped in a diaper-there was nothing wrong with him either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Outside of the world of autism I have no idea. The ones that are rather old I know of are also autistic. My dd was four or five, but she had a physical issue we needed to deal with first. Once we took care of it she was trained in no time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My son is not autistic and has no delays at all. He is profoundly gifted but was not potty trained fully until he was 5 years old. We used cloth diapers with him so we figured he would train early like his brothers. He would go pee in the toilet but not poop. It was frustrating. He did everything else so early so one thing behind I suppose was not a huge deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

why would you refuse the job? some kids potty train at different ages. my oldest son did not potty train until he was four. so what? he does things at his own pace instead of being forced. i find it very judgmental of you for not taking a job because you would have to change a little boys diaper.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I babysat a kid who was 7 and wasnt potty trained at all!!! Do u know how disgusting it is to change a 7 yr olds shitty diaper His brother was 5 and not potty trained either, I had them both potty trained within 2 mths of being with me. There situation was simply lazy parenting and there mother was a whore ( literally she was in jail for hooking)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009