Fried potatoes???//

When you cut potatoes into cubes and fry them how do you do it? Do you boil them a little and than fry them or just peel them and than cut them and fry them in butter w sesonings?How long do they usually take?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you can fry them in oil. just enough to cover/coat the potatoes. smaller cubes fry better/faster..just don't overcook them, unless you want them to be crispy. salt/pepper to taste.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• lol my hubby cute them into very tiny cubes then fries them in Crisco with salt and pepper. But I just cut the potato into thin round pieces and fry them in Crisco with salt and pepper. Don't fry on high heat! Med Low is best. Just take your time with them too. You can't go wrong with fried potatoes.... :) Good luck!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 4:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• using oil makes them really bad greasy while using Crisco does the same but not as bad. I mean the Crisco dosen't run off the tatos when their done. you just have to make sure therer is always enough crisco in the pan so the tatos won't burn....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 4:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• How about if i use olive oil to fry them or butter
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I fry mine in Crisco. First on high heat to nicely brown them, after browned turn the heat down and cover with a lid until they are cooked through.

I do not boil them first (although I can understand why you thought that might be necessary)
    I sometimes also cut the potatoes in slices rather than cubes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• you can use olive oil, it is MUCH healthier. i can't believe people still use crisco-blech!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• We fry ours in bacon grease. May not sound too healthy or very good to some...but, man, it is very tasty. Ya, agreeing with pp..don't use too much grease/oil. I cover mine to cook on med. heat..my hubby cooks them uncovered. Both taste great...I admit hubbys are better. He gets the outside just lil bit crunchy...everyone usually loves them.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 5:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• And, we use salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 5:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• A little bacon grease does add a lot of flavor, olive oil is good too. I don't put a lot of oil in the pan, just enough to cover the bottom (about 3 tbsp), set the stove on med-high, I even saute onions and sometimes crumble a slice or two of bacon in them. garlic, salt and pepper, cheese if you want a change, YUMMY!!!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 5:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I slice mine thin drizzle olive oil on them and cook them in the oven. They come out very yummy and are much healthier. I like mine to be a bit crispy on the outside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009