What milestones should my child have reached???

My daughter is about to be one year old but seems to be behind developmentally. I know I should "ask her pediatritian" and "consider that all babies are different" but I want to know, as a mother what do you think a one year old should be able to do??

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• www.babycenter.com has a wonderful milestones chart that you can use. At one year old, I can't really be of much help as my child is well ahead of some children. He is walking and potty training and says about 20-30 words. He was behind the bell curve for a long time and here recently he just jumped drastically! It took him until he was 8 months to be able to even roll over and sit up on his own, which by the way were done in the same week. Two weeks later, he was crawling and now at 12 months 3 weeks, he is walking and potty training himself after watching papa and uncle will use the "big boy potty"
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 4:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• don't expect much right now. By this point they're usually walking, or will right around 1 yr. They're repeating words that you ask them to say, but not necessarily just pointing things out on their own. They do understand just about anything you tell them. By this point when you ask them to do something they know, understand, and will do it. This is a good time to start implementing a time out chair etc. Within months she will be saying multiple words on her own, by 18 months using two words together and babbling on. It all happens so fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• well each baby is different but my dd was walkning and say about 20 words.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009