Postpartum Depression? HELP ME PLZ!

Is it normal to fight and argue with your live in boyfriend/baby daddy right after the baby is born? My daughter is 16 days old and i wanna just explode on my baby daddy...i mean we just lost everything we have and we are staying wtih his mom and step-dad and brother whom has downs syndrome. but he isnt doing anythign about it...he expects ME to do everything like fix the bank account and move all of our shit out of the apartment alone (this was while i was pregnant) bc he "worked" but his last paycheck was for $25. AND HE WORKS FOR DIRECTV!!!!! I also just found out that my bestfriend of um....16 years is moving to Korea in 2 weeks and i wont be able to see her b4 she leaves...i feel like nothing is ever gonna get better and i just wanna cry and fight all the time....is this normal? What should i do?

FirstMomAnt

Asked by FirstMomAnt at 4:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe u need to ask ur doc for a depression evaluation!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• thats not post partum depressino it just sounds like a rough time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• That's not PPD. But I do hope things get better for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Doesnt sound like PPD, but it is stress, stress after having a baby is something we all have to adapt to, adding the extra money issues and your friend leaving, it really sounds like a rough time for you. Be careful tho because it can lead to situational depression.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• It could be just stress and I hope that's all it is, but I know personally that I fought with my now ex-husband all the time after our baby was born 4 years ago and found I had PPD 4 mos. afer she was born. My advice is to have an evaluation done. Hopefully, nothing shows up, but if it does, then you can get treatment and your life will be so much better.
    lilangel2505

Answer by lilangel2505 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• hun it doesnt sound like ppd so if you get drugs for it they wount make it go away if you feel that way bout him ask yourself how much you love him and if its worth it and remember your baby picks up on all these vibes so if its not worth it then leave
    nanysmommy

Answer by nanysmommy at 1:55 AM on Aug. 3, 2009