What should I use to help prevent stretch marks?

I bought some stuff at the drug store today that is supposed to make stretch marks disappear easier, but I couldn't find anything there that would help prevent stretch mark's and the pharmacist wasn't much help. I figured asking a mom who's already been through the stretch marks would understand better...So any suggestion's on what I should use??

Aumbrey

Asked by Aumbrey at 4:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• drink a lot of water
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• There really isn't anything you can do. If you are gonna get them you'll get them
    Depends on the elasticity of your skin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i never got them with my daughet and haven't gotten any with this pregnancy either but i still use palmer's cocoa butter and palmer's tummy butter
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Like someone else said, if you are going to get them, you are going to get them and nothing will really stop it. I used the palmer's cocoa butter with my last pregnancy and still got a ton of stretch marks. Almost 2 years later, they still haven't gone away. Alot of doctors say that they are hereditary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My sister used lotion and cocoa butter religously and is covered in stretch marks! My other sister had 3 kids and didnt really get any strecth marks. I am covered in stretch marks. I think the biggest thing is to not gain alot of weight. But it can happen even if you are really carefull. Good luck!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• a lot of it depends on genetics and how your mom was with you. tho drinking lots of water and putting a moisturizing lotion on a few times a day wouldn't hurt odds either. i've heard that baby oil or vitamin e works really good.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I got them with my first :( not real bad though & I used cocoa butter all the time. It just depends on your body, I am 11 weeks now & I am trying not have to much sugar, sugar makes your baby grow bigger so I figure it I dont get to big I hoping I wont get any. My first I was really tiny & I aint everything all the fat stuff this time I am trying to be more healthy . Good luck!
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2009