Can you get your lip peirced during pregnancy?

I've had it before, but I'm 6 months pregnant and I wanted to get it re-done. I don't think anything bad could happen what do you girls think????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't see why not. I suppose the possibility of infection, but even then.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• your body will heal slower and with the extra blood volume you have it'd be better to wait.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Just wait. Your going to have to take it out when your in labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Like all 3 said summed up into what I was going to say, you will bleed more, higher risk of infection, and you will have to take it out during labor so I would just wait!
    cemn0615

Answer by cemn0615 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• of course you can get your lip pierced while your pregnant! and no, you dont have to take it out while your in labor. i kept mine in, and first i had an induction which didnt work and then had a csection and kept my lip, septum and industrial piercing all in.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i did as lng as it not on ur face
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i meant stomach lol sorry
    momatonly16

• Some shops have strict rules against tattooing or piercing a pregnant woman. Im sure you could find a shop to do it though.
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I got my lip done when i was pregnant and you donthave to take it out when your in labor.....I thought that to but you dont, its perfectly fine! I also thought that getting my lip pierced would mark the baby but it didnt do that either. So go for it! But make sure you take good care or it and dont let it get infected. Clean the outside with peroxide and the inside with mouth wash.
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009