Online dating

Has anyone tried or known anyone that did online dating through eharmony or any other service? Did it work? I always see those commercials and wonder....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Where I live it's is common. My single girlfriends use Match and go out all the time. Haven't met Mr. Right yet.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I used Eharmony years ago and actually ended up meeting a guy. We met once and got along great but he wanted me to sleep with him that first meeting and I refused so I never heard from him again. I honestly think he might have been married and was just looking for a quickie on the side.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My BFF met a guy on eHarmony and they are still together. They are getting close to being together for 2 years.
    SLGross215

Answer by SLGross215 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I think it works just as well as any other dating site. They are not as "special" as they say they are. My brother and his wife met on hot or not. LoL. My FIL used Match to find his wife.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ah.....no. The best way to meet people is definitely NOT through an online site. Online dating is worse than a blind date...not only can you not even talk to this person, which means you can't hear their voice, they can pretty much be whoever they wanna be behind their computer. I tried this once, only I didn't use a dating service. My friend kept pushing me to go out with her cousin a few years back. He's so sweet, he's so hot, you'll love him, blah blah blah. Well finally I agreed just to get her off my case. We sent emails and did yahoo chat for about two months, and then moved it to phone conversations. We did that for another month, and then he sent me a simple email, I think we should meet, if you agree, call me. So I did, and we set it up for a movie and dinner that following Friday. Well let me tell you. He was NOT ANYTHING like either my friend said he was, or anything like he told me on the phone..he lied.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• To continue to the very end of this horrific tale, we agreed to meet at the theater, cuz I didn't want someone I don't really know to know where I live, in case he turns out to be a psycho...which in this case is pretty much what happened. We told each other what we'd be wearing, since neither of us had sent pictures (very stupid) and when I saw him, I was like wtf? Now I never base anything solely on someone's looks, but this guy was so ugly I wished I was blind so I didn't have to see him...my friend said he was hot? wtf? Don't think so. Anyway, I smiled and went up to him, we went into the movie, fantastic four 2, thru which he was very loud and crass, making comments about the movie, I wanted to tell him to shut the hell up. Finally the movie ended, and I have never in my life been so grateful to leave a theater. I wanted to ditch him, and go home, but I bit my tongue and accompanied him to the restaurant...
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Which is one I happen to frequent so the waitress is my friend, well he was super rude to her and when he was mean to her something snapped in me. I told him you know what you can go to hell and I got up and walked out on him. He came running out after me wanting to know what was wrong, I told him, you are! You are nothing like the person I have spent the last three months getting to know...I feel like a damn fool...stay the hell away from me and don't ever call me again. Needless to say it was necessary to change both my email and my phone number...because this stupid ass couldn't take no for an answer. thank God he didn't know where I lived...can you imagine? The best way to meet someone is to meet them in person, not over the internet. And it will happen when you least expect it! All this comes from personal experience too!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2009