Can someone please answer a ? without sarcasm on here?

My due date is Aug 13th, so I am 38 weeks and 3 days along with my first baby, its a girl = )

Ok so my last Dr appt was on Weds, and I was engaged at station -2, 90% effaced, and 1cm dilated. For the past few days I have had mentrual like cramps that are felt in my lower back as well as my pelvic area and lower abdomen. I have been getting BH contractions, but they arent in a pattern. Then today, after going to walmart I am getting these really annoying pains in my joints that connect to my pelvic area... like my inner thigh joints I guess you could say. They hurt in a weird way and stop me in my tracks until they go away. I am pretty positive she has dropped lower because I can barely even walk now. I guess what I am wondering is what other mommys guesses are on when labor could possibly come. I mean... I just cant picture this crap going on another 2 weeks! I am miserable...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sooooooon
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I am gonna say this will last for 2 weeks cause I was having the same problem at 36 weeks. But u never know all people are diff and their bodies act in diff ways.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 6:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I don't think it will go on for another 2 weeks. I think it will be a lot sooner! Do these contractions change if you change positions? What about how long they last and how often they come? Sounds like your little girl may be greeting you pretty soon.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I am sorry, but I felt like this for the last 3 wks with my girls. I kept saying "its gonna be any time now, for sure!" and they were both late :( I remember thinking there is NO way I am gonna make it til the due date. So it could be happening or maybe not. Thats the thing about babies, they take their sweet time and come when they want to!! Good luck I hope it comes soon for you!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• You can try walking more to even out the contractions. Unfortunately it's anybody's guess. it won't be much longer and I can promise you this the reward for suffering through it is going to be well worth it. Sorry you're so miserable right now. HUGS!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Thanks girls for the answers, sometimes I come on here and ask questions hoping for a good answer and all I get is people being sarcastic! Ahh its so frustrating being so far along and not knowing wtf you are doing lol. = )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'd say try and walk it out. With my daughter I was 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced and NOTHING happened. I carried her for a whole extra week past my due date, had to be induced, was in labor for 57 hours, and had a c-section anyway..and she was my first pregnancy!! I did EVERYTHING to get her out too. I ate TONS of pineapple daily, drank NOTHING but raspberry tea, and had my husband take bumpy detours everywhere. I know that at this time during you're pregnancy it's really uncomfortable, and you feel like it's never gonna end, but when it does..you wish you could do it all over again. I wish you and your LO the best of luck.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have been like that for a week except I am 6 cm, I am so done! I hope you have your baby soon!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• "I have been like that for a week except I am 6 cm, I am so done! I hope you have your baby soon! " Wow 6cm and they didn't send you to the L&D? I am surprised by that.

I was 65 pct thinned out at my last appt but not dialated at all, and I am almost 37 weeks. Doesn't matter much to me since I am having a c-section.. just hoping I don't go early at all!

Good luck to everyone! :)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 7:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Mama, you could go another 4 weeks like this. The best thing you can do is find things that make you comfortable and take it as easy as possible. Warm baths, a back massage, a good book. Something to keep you calm and relaxed. Nobody can tell you when labor will come, and anyone who tries can cause you some discouragement. Just breathe and make some time for yourself when you can. You could also spend some time on your hands and knees to get the pressure off your pelvis. :)
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 9:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009